Spaghetti with fennel, chilli and lemon oil

Friday 21 October 2011

Some flavour combinations are a match made in heaven and fennel, lemon and chilli is one of those combinations (see more on my fennel obsession here) - it's a flavour explosion that makes spaghetti sing.

One of my store cupboard essentials is this lemon oil from Carluccio's... it goes amazingly well in pasta dishes (one of my favourite quick suppers is linguine with courgette and prawns, tossed in this lemony scented olive oil).

To make this dish, simply sautee garlic with finely diced chilli and a red pepper, add a teaspoon of sundried tomato paste and some freshly ground black pepper. Cook the spaghetti until al dente, then toss in lemon oil and fennel (finely sliced on a mandolin). The fennel does not cook through so it maintains a delicious bite.

Lemon oil from Carluccio'... I can't live without it







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out! :)

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...