Columbia Road Flower Market...

Monday 13 February 2012

I've lived in London for nearly seven years now but only made it to Columbia Road Flower Market recently. Bustling flower stalls, pots and plants stacked head high, flower sellers shouting bargains at you as you walk past. It's crazy, busy, noisy and vibrant.





There's also some great foodie finds. Fresh oysters shucked as you wait, french cheeses, pork rillettes,  croque monsieur, chocolate brownies, natural wines...


Look out for the friendly faces demanding to be fed... classic puppy eyes. We weren't allowed to share our charcuterie or pork rillette with him though...




There's a Lily Vanilli cafe too, tucked away on Ezra Street behind the market - sadly they serve their coffee in paper cups but still, it's a great spot to stop and take a break from the madness of Columbia Road (and warm up). Well worth a visit to East London...

5 comments:

English Mum said...

Oh those pleading eyes! Beautiful pics. Pinned x

Unknown said...

haha thanks - he looks so sad doesn't he! the tag round his neck says 'please don't feed me'... his eyes say otherwise :)

Eke said...

Lovely photos m'dear.

Charlotte said...

ah, I just love Columbia Road Market. My all time favourite :)

Unknown said...

Me too! I can't get there as often as I would like to though as it's a bit of a trek for me to get there from the other side of London :(

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...